Azure PowerShell 1.0.0-preview is now available. It is in this version that the trigger is being pulled on Switch-AzureMode. Pow! Terminated! Gone!! Starting in version 1.0.0 both ASM and ARM PowerShell modules are able to coexists, but it also introduce breaking changes if you were already using Azure Resource Manager cmdlets.
Here is a quick list of what has changed:
- Cmdlets released to PowerShell Gallery
- AzureResourceManager module split into component modules
- Switch-AzureMode removed : cmdlets exist side-by-side
- All ARM control plane cmdlets renamed from 'verb-Azure' to 'verb-AzureRm'
- Stateless authentication for ARM cmdlets: new authentication cmdlets
- Add-AzureRmAccount - login to azure using user, service principal, or access token credentials
- Set-AzureRmContext - set the current subscription or tenant
- Get-AzureRmSubscription - list subscriptions
- Save-AzureRmProfile - save credential information to disk
- Select-AzureRmProfile - load credential information from disk
- Storage cmdlet enhancements for ARM storage accounts
- Get-AzureRmStorageAccount | Get-AzureStorageContainer (or other storage commands that accept a StorageContext)
- Set-AzureRmCurrentStorageAccount - set the current storage account for use by storage cmdlets
You can have more information about the release here:
You can get the release from here:
Azure PowerShell 1.0.0-preview (PowerShellGallery)
Has stated above, this preview and the upcomming 1.0.0 release introduce breaking changes, please play with it in advance and plan some times to update your existing scripts targeting Azure Resource Manager API accordingly.
If you need an introduction on how to install the preview and how to get started with the previre release, you can refer to this good article from Michael Jonsson: Getting Started With Azure PowerShell 1.0 Preview #ARM